Saturday 31 December 2011

Janathon Eve

So 2011 was not one of my best running years. I entered the Paris Marathon but didn't run as my training was a non entity, so I'm hoping for a good 2012 on the running front.  Today I did my last run of 2011 and it was a good one.  I'm back taking baby steps again so planned on doing 5K but ended up doing just over 6 as I cunningly planned a route which meant finishing on a long downhill, but the ideal type of downhill, not at all steep but you are able to open up and keep the feet flying along.  I'm determined to see January as a chance to build up my fitness again and not to bite off more than I can chew from a running perspective.  I really do want to run every day in Jan, even if it is just for 15 mins.  Goodbye 2011, goodbye plod, hello 2012, increased fitness, faster feet, more miles and some races...

No comments:

Post a Comment