Monday 9 January 2012

Day 9 already...

So it is day 9 already. I had a 10 am meeting today and I needed to prepare for it so decided I'd try to get my run in this evening.  And, I did.  But, after being at work for 11 hours and 55 minutes, I was very tired and hungry by the time I got home, so tired that I could barely run for the bus!  But no rest of the wicked Janathoners, so I got home, popped some lamb chops in the oven and went to get changed for my run.  My brain switched off and next thing I was getting into my PJs instead of my running gear! ummmm, luckily I noticed and off I went for a run.  I planned on doing 30 mins and hoped that that would mean 5k, although I felt very weak and tired so wasn't sure. I plodded along and once I realised that I would not faint from hunger I picked up my heels and kept going.  The thought of the lamb cooking meant I didn't hang around and managed the 5k in just a whisker over 30 mins.  Still a bit slow, but my mantra this time is steady, steady so I don't start thinking about me two years ago, running along without a care, fitter, slimmer, with better functioning lungs.  For a committed morning running, this evening malarkey has some advantages (specifically not having to jump into the shower and make myself look human in record time), but I'm really going to have to try to get home earlier.  I think that tomorrow I'll try to do a quick mile before work as Tuesdays are going to be tricky for me in general as I'll be teaching from 9-6 and Tuesday is my cinema night...

The downside is that runningfree has not allowed me to upload my runs from today or yesterday (I think) and its starting to get on my nerves, but I'll persist...

No comments:

Post a Comment